Cross-docking encompasses all depot transhipment processes (incoming goods, outgoing goods and inventory). During cross-docking, the goods or shipments delivered to a distribution centre are transferred directly to the outgoing goods area after unloading. Cross-docking eliminates the need for storage and retrieval processes.
Tight time limits have to be observed during cross-docking. Efficient unloading, sorting and transport processes within the depot are essential.
Furthermore, a wide range of complex tasks have to be performed during the cross-docking workflow, i.e.
- Break down of the delivered full loads into individual pallets and packages
- Documentation of the cross-docking transshipment processes
- Recording of damage and quantity issues
- Storage location routing
- Assembly of pallets for loading at other depots
cadis supports your cross-docking activities with the following functions:
- Overviews and detailed information on incoming and outgoing shipments, loading equipment to be exchanged and items
- Automated and manual creation of loading lists for all outgoing shipments
- Dynamic loading list generation, incl. determining of the loading sequence
- Rules for automated bay and storage location routing
- Management of loading plans with times, relations, gates or truck numbers
- Release and conclusion of loading and unloading operation
- Login to the mobile system with clearly defined responsibilities and authorisations
- Scanning of gate numbers, seal numbers, trailer numbers, packages or pallets
- Parallel loading and unloading by several depot employees
- Recording of loading equipment and loading aids
- Depot inventory for loading areas or warehouse inventory with recording of additional information
- Assembly and break down of pallets and boxes
- Incoming goods and outgoing goods recording for crates, hazardous goods stores, etc.
- Printing of labels and stickers
- Subsequent editing of shipment and package information
- Documentation of all shipment-related processes with type, status and time
- Electronic transmission or printing of freight lists or unloading reports
- Standardised interfaces for integration into existing host systems
- Optional: Integration of additional systems such as camera monitoring, underfloor chain control, package sorting/transport technology and measuring and weighing systems